The Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment is Tasmania’s lead natural resources agency, responsible for the sustainable management of the State’s natural and cultural heritage and the integrity of the racing industry for the benefit of the Tasmanian community.
We help build a strong and economically vibrant State, driving Tasmania’s competitive strengths across primary industries and the environment. Our current priorities are to:
- Drive the sustainable development of Tasmania’s marine and freshwater resource
- Protect and support Tasmania’s primary industries and food sectors
- Secure a healthy and productive environment for all Tasmanians
- Protect and manage Tasmania’s world renowned national parks and reserves, and Crown lands, to enrich our community
- Realise the value, use and enjoyment of Tasmania’s Aboriginal, natural and historic heritage
- Deliver access to secure land tenure, land and resource information